This is how to add a new payment method to your account. Current options include: bank transfer, cash, check, credit card, other.
- go to Settings > Payment methods
- the system will display all the payment methods that are currently set up. Note: if a grey "Default" icon is displaying next to the payment method, then it will appear as an option on all invoices.
- click on the green "Add payment method" button at the top right
- A new screen pops up. Click the downward pointing chevron ˅ to select a payment type.
- Select the desired payment method; current options include:
○ Bank Transfer
- Select "Bank transfer" for accounts and credit cards. Select from the accounts already set up in Billy or click on "+ Create new" to set up a new account. (To set up accounts for syncing with Billy follow this process.)
- Select "Stripe" for processing credit card payments. (note: in the future there will be more processing options.) Click "Continue to Stripe" to either set up a new account or connect Billy with an existing account.
- for all other payment methods a window like this will popup
- In the Type field the option selected will display and not be editable.
- In the Name field chose something memorable and related to the account.
- In the Payment instructions for your customers field provide a process for your customers to use if this is their preferred method. Note: this is a required field; even if this will not be displaying on the invoice still need to include something there.