First you have to create the bank account
(if this is done skip to the export data step)
- Head on over to Accounting > Chart of Accounts > Create Account > Create Bank Account
- For checking/savings accounts select the Account type: Bank and Liquid assets
- For credit cards select Account Type: Credit cards
- Make sure you fill in every field, including Description and Account number. You account numbers should be the last 4 of the bank or credit card you are adding. https://www.dropbox.com/s/izl8e7i3d991uza/Screenshot%202017-06-09%2009.38.10.png?dl=0
Export the data from the source account as a CSV file
- Clean up the data.Make sure the CSV file has at least these headings: (preferred template available)
- Date [use thisformat MM/DD/YY]
- Description [remove any single (') or double quotes (") ]
- Reductions in the account, like credit card purchase or a withdrawal should be negative numbers.
- Amount [use this format XXXX,XX - format as number, not currency - removed any symbol ($, €,etc.) or commas (,) ]
- In the new bank account you created click on Match Transactions > Upload statement
We recommend testing the process with just a couple of lines of data to confirm the format is correct, before attempting a major upload.